Search Google

Custom Search

Search Results

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Mermaid Sighting!




When I saw this mermaid pattern from Gourmet Crochet, I knew I had to crochet it. I love everything about this doll. From the vivid colors on her tail, to the flower in her hair, to the sweet expression on her face.



She was surprisingly easy to crochet, just a little time consuming with all the detail. But when all is said and done, I am very pleased with the outcome!


I crocheted her tail in two shades of blue, and her hair is done with variegated baby yarn. Her tail fin is crocheted in a way that it curls naturally, one side curls up, and the other side curls under. I'm already envisioning more mermaids in a multitude of colors and sizes.









This doll is my favorite amigurumi so far, I guess it's all the color and detail and downright cuteness! Next on my agenda is another doll, this time a human ballerina. My goal is to be able to pose her arms and legs, and so far it's working, thanks to the pipe cleaners I found in my stash. The real test will be her tutu. I'm not working off a pattern, and I don't know if I trust myself with the tutu or not! Part of me wants to take the easy way out and just make her dress, or tutu, out of fabric, lace and ribbon. But I want to stay true to the crochet so I'm going to give a crocheted tutu a shot. I can see her taking quite some time to finish and I'll probably work on her in between other projects, as I get very frustrated with all the ripping out and starting over that is inevitable when working without a pattern. Still, I'm excited about her if for no other reason than she's my own creation, good or bad.


Thanks for stopping by, and for all the terrific feedback!



Stumble Upon Toolbar

3 comments:

  1. oh! how cute, lol. i love all the modeling poses she has :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her! The flowers on her tail are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sonya,

    I absolutely love your blog and am now a follower. Your blog provides me with my crsfting fix. I absolutely love crochet and am alaways looking for something up to date. Your little mermaid is so cute I have to make one too!

    Hope you'll check my blog out too.
    www.maroonskye.blogspot.com

    Thanks!

    Lucy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorites