Search Google

Custom Search

Search Results

Friday, September 25, 2009

Cute Little Amigurumi Owl


My first original amigurumi design is sitting untouched where I left it after telling you about it in my last post. I have such admiration for amigurumi pattern designers! It is really challenging to create a pattern from scratch...but I am determined! In the meantime I had to crochet something from a pattern to get my confidence back, so I whipped up this little owl from a free pattern I found here. I tweaked it a little bit to make it more 'me'. I love the combination of pastel blues, pinks and lavenders so I had already decided that my next project would be in some of those colors. At the time I hadn't decided what that project would be, but I really wanted to use those colors. When I decided on an owl I was a bit reluctant to use such 'non-owl' colors, but I went for it and I'm glad I did. The colors aren't really pastel, but they're still along the lines of what I love.








I changed his beak a bit, and also gave him feet instead of embroidering lines for feet like the pattern calls for. I'm very happy with the way he turned out. I think he's adorable!

Speaking of my attempt at an original amigurumi design reminds me of a website I found yesterday that made me feel soo much better! I think most crafters, including myself, would agree that whenever we try a craft for the first time we go thru several attempts of trial and error before we "get it right". This website is dedicated to sharing all those failed attempts, and all the trial and error that goes on before the finished product! What a great idea! You can check out the website here.

I'm looking forward to a weekend spent working on my crochet "to-do" list. Hope you have a happy, crafty weekend!

.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to send you some encouragement for your original design. It sounds like you've jumped in at the deep end with designing - your ballerina sounds like a challenge, but I'm sure you're up to it.

    I often abandon a design halfway through when it's not working out, and then come back to it in a few days when I get more inspiration, so don't give up! I'm looking forward to seeing your finished design when you get your design mojo back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such an adorable little owl!

    I found your blog on the MBC follow club and am now following! Please do the same?

    http://teenfashiondesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorites