Search Google

Custom Search

Search Results

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fascinating Crochet!

While browsing the web today, I ran across the website of one very talented crochet artist by the name of Shauna Richardson, and I was both fascinated and amazed at what I saw!  Shauna's creations, which she calls "Crochetdermy" are a feast for the eyes, and unlike any crocheted work that I've ever seen.  Shauna's creations are not what comes to mind when you think of crocheted animals. They look more like 'taxidermy", which is why Shauna coined the term "Crochetdermy" to better describe the work that she does. Here is a just a small sampling of her amazing work!



                











You can read more about Shauna and her fantastic "Crocetdermy"by visiting her website at http://www.shaunarichardson.com





Stumble Upon Toolbar

11 comments:

  1. These are so awesome. I tell you, I don't know where one would begin to try to crochet something like this. Imagine the time each one takes, not to mention the artisanship (is that a word? LOL). They boggle my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that is definately some crochet talent that I will never have LOL thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god! It looks so real!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're so amazing! the best of all? no amimal were harmed in the making!
    Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing!!
    I love the bear, it looks so real... Unbelievable.
    ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆
    Visit my Amigurumi's Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whaaaaaat??? NO WAY!! OMG! These are incredible. I never knew one could crochet such things! My Mom crochets beautiful afghans, but I have never seen anything like this. Incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh! That is fanTAStic. Holy cow. Which she could probably crochet...

    HM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, that is so insanely cute!! Love it! I'm a new follower from MBC and I would love for you to come visit me at http://www.createyourtraditions.com. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi new friend, I am now following you via MBC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG ! These are true works of art, I am ready to take on any challenge but this is just out of my realm. I am definately gonna follow this blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails

My Favorites